- To carry out empirical, corpus-based English-Spanish analyses in the areas of contrastive grammar, rhetoric and phraseology.
- To study the uses of translated language as opposed to those of native language.
- To build useful and usable tools for research, such as ad hoc corpora, taggers, browsers, phrase grabbers, etc. to facilitate the study of specific text types.
- To produce:
- Writing applications addressed to Spanish language non-linguist users in different professional fields and contexts, i.e. text generators.
- Tools for translation quality assessment (TQA) and (post)editing.
- Construction of Controlled Natural Languages and their corresponding protocols in professional fields aimed at improving the pre-edition phase of documents for the international promotion of products and services.